Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Essie: Damsel in a Dress



Hi all! I hope all of you are doing well, I have missed writing on this blog! It seems like it's been so long, and I swear I haven't forgotten about you! I have been so busy and I also decided to try to grow my nails long and try out another shape. If you check out my earlier swatch from Valentine's day, you may see that I was shaping my nails a little differently. Unfortunately, as my nails grew longer, I became more and more unhappy at the way they looked, and didn't feel like they were something I wanted to show you guys. Even though I was being stubborn and kept growing them, a few days ago two of my nails broke pretty badly and I was forced to file them down. I was happy with the way they looked again and I've realized clean lines and tastefully short nails is what works best for me!

In celebration of being happy with my nails again, I've painted my nails with an extra special color: Essie's Damsel in a Dress. This color is definitely not new in my collection, it in fact is one of my first Essie polishes, but it's such a nice color I felt it was only fitting. This color is a rich, deep purple base with subtle, warm purple shimmer. Radiant in sunlight, and not dark enough to lose its color in shade.


Damsel in a dress is a great quality polish with an excellent consistency. I was able to completely control how the polish flowed onto the nail and it was wonderfully self leveling. Three, even coats provided full coverage.



So I have a question for you, how do you shape your nails? Do you prefer long or short? What are your thoughts on the new pointed nails that are quite popular recently?


2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing color and looks great on you. I might have to pick this one up!

    I think the perfect shape and length nail is exactly like your nails in the Estée Lauder Heavy Petals Collection posting.

    I am struggling with the shape and length of my nails too. I hate my nails is their current shape and they are a bit too short. Unfortunately, I have a very hard time growing out any bit of length. I am working on it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree with your comment about nail shapes, mine grow quickly but break easily. I wish you luck!

      Delete